Friday, April 11, 2008

OPEN UP !

Saturday the 12th of April '08
Here are some items I found in
a shop that are the type of thing
my heart jumps for joy over. They
were not costly and in each piece I
can see a story unfold and plan all
sorts of assemblages with them---only
hope to get some of them done.
There's an
old spoon, flattened one might speculate
on the railroad tracks that run through
town---I would say a boy did this to
impress somebody and make another
one upset---so goes his life---until
the spoon becomes evidence in
a trial that rocked the town's
elite and kept tongues wagging to this day.
......Now there's just an example of
something to build on in a
creative assemblage. Hummmmmm,
the Oliver Twist opener---that MUST
have be one from the old
Pub people hardly remember
any more, but was quite the
place to rendezvous....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose you'd rather find these old things then a dress sale---don't blame you. I don't imagine you will let on just where you got them---secret? When I see some rusty old things or some such folderal, you will spring to mind as I buy them for myself and never ever share them.
Ta ta, Old Nasty Nellie

Anonymous said...

Nice collection of old stuff, arranged great in the photo. The spoon could have been flattened on purpose to make a wind chime.

Anonymous said...

or......a great focal point necklace pendant with
a really cool beaded red strawberry---

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE MY FAVORITE OPENER IN THIS
PICTURE. CAN YOU GUESS WHICH ONE?
SUMMIE

Anonymous said...

The Oliver Twist opener is quite intriguing...was it used for Orange Twist soda??

Anonymous said...

I never saw one like the Oliver Twist one so have no clue where it came from---Jilly

Anonymous said...

Summie---might be the old regular Canada Dry Ginger Ale one? That one on the left is a handy dandy one---does tons of things ! Jilly