Wednesday, April 21, 2010

An Art Journal Page Process

(don't forget to left click on photos
to see them larger)
"Juicy Fruit" began with a photo I had taken
of a handcarved crow that I stuck a strawberry on...
see it emerging below on a page in my small Moleskini
Sketch book...I've have drawn it in pencil and
then inked it in with a black Pitt pen
Now you see it spreading over to the left page and becoming a
'spread"----here you the the first sketchy look


Then that side is inked with the pen and it is now ready to add color
with watercolor pencils, waterbrushes and
some acrylic paints
,...Mellencamp has a good beat...

Here I used Black acrylic (in the bottle) paint for
the solid rich background I happen to
frequently use..
it's now ready for color...

I just hope the colors sing and bring the delight I felt.
You'll notice the fairly new winnaname logo I have designed
which goes on some works. It surely amazed me
how this glass container in the fridge keeps the berries
just like fresh ones











4 comments:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Thank you for sharing this evolution of a page... I find things like this very interesting.

Lesley Purcell said...

This is a lovely sequence of your work. It's fascinating to see how someone takes an idea and slowly develops it..... lovely spread in your sketch book.

mojacobs said...

I'm so glad that you have posted this, I've always wondered how your wonderful journal pages developped. Thanks for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

No seals were harmed in drawing of this page.

PETA