Sunday, July 19, 2009

"Trading Smiles"


EDM Challenge #232
Draw The Last Thing You Bought
*****************
First the puzzling twine
over the page relates
to the thought that we
are all tied to things that
impact our lives and
other's. This was my first
time in this store and the
clerk's friendly personality
was such a bonus. She asked
the question on the page and
I replied I might use the photo when
illustrating a journal page,,,so
smiles were exchanged and
life felt good.
The flowers were potted out front
and their purpleness
was so inviting to me.
The watermelons were piled in front
in great arrangements as
the store has very talented people
working for them.
Two purchases I came home
eager to try, were the Triple Ginger
bucket of cookies and bag of
Crystallized ginger, my grandmother
also called one her favorites

8 comments:

Elizabeth B Merriman said...

How I love Trader Joes, and how I love your pages!

Unknown said...

Wonderful journal page - just lovely! And I love Trader Joe's, too...I'm firmly convinced they hire the nicest people in the world to work there...

Ann said...

This is making me hungry! I love ginger too and this is another wonderful page!

There is an award over on my blog with your name on it if you'd like to stop by!

Shirley said...

Such a fabulous interpretation of the challenge. I love your muted colors and how you always fill up the full spread.

Anonymous said...

Great figure drawing - and I love her expression!
My father's brother used to give my parents a pot of ginger in syrup each Christmas. They would both thank him, my father with a twinkle in his eye. What my uncle never knew was that my mother detested ginger!

Sandy said...

Winna everything you create is so mesmorizing - you should illustrate books!! And I have never been to a Trader Joes - I want to go!!

Claire M said...

Ah... Trader Joes is one of my favorite places to shop - so fun!

CONGRATULATIONS - I posted a blog award for you on my blog!!

Cathie Tonkins said...

what medium do you use??? My pages do not POP like yours. I love Trader Joes, but alas they do not have them in Florida. When I go to California I am SOOO there!