Thursday, February 4, 2010

More Than A Day's Work

Here we have a shirt embellished with painting,
jeweled buttons, wired words and needle and thread.
Mixed Media--they now call, Mixed Media.... "hot"
but we all know it's been around forever.
I know I have oft been told I am
"before my time"....
**********
There's the painted Sea Bounty
design by Winna and then pinned
on for easy washing removal, the jewels,
Leaving the needle and thread in the design
is an idea I had to freeze the
creative process on the work......

13 comments:

scus said...

Sure is beautiful, and looks like a lot of work!!!

Claire M said...

Super super cool idea! I think your painting is a stunning addition to this jacket. This jacket will be so fun to wear .... and I'm sure it will start many a conversation.

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Beautiful... now is it 'washable'? What did you use for paint? You are one talented lady, that's for sure.

winna said...

I use acrylic paints that wash well and add fabric medium if I need the area to be soft for good drape...the comment under Elaine's makes me want to shut down the blog--

winna said...

I did not know I could delete the comment but I did! Hooray!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cindi said...

Love the shirt and absolutely love visiting your blog!!

Mary P. said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!

nanke's stuff said...

Winna, this is just splendid! I wish it were mine. lol I don't know what I'm laughing about - I really do wish it were mine. nancy

Kirstin said...

What a beautiful jacket.

kazumiwannabe said...

Please don't shut down your blog!
The painted shirt is so beautiful and original!
I love reading your posts - I think I'm not going to be able to resist to Lynn Perella's book anymore, you're too convincing!

Anonymous said...

Is it for sale??
Bert